Dual Lives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transgender Spectrum Superhero Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introduce Yourself!

Go down 
+3
JRPendragon
Nightwing
JasonTodd
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JasonTodd
Admin
JasonTodd

Introduce Yourself! Empty
PostSubject: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:47 am

Consider the following format:
-Name
-A Picture
-How far into Transition you are, what steps you still want to take
-General whereabouts
-Relationship status
-Ways to contact you

-Fandoms you belong to
-Favorite Hero
-Favorite Storyline
-How long you've been into comics
-How many Cons you've attended, if any
-What cons you regularly attend, if any
-Cosplay?

And anything else that would help us get to know you.
Post in a new topic.
Back to top Go down
http://jason-peeta-todd.tumblr.com
Nightwing

Nightwing

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:39 pm

Name: Dan Grayson
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
A Picture: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
How far into Transition you are, what steps you still want to take: Been on T over 2 years now. Still working towards top surgery.
General whereabouts: Blüdhaven
Relationship status: Flying Solo
Ways to contact you: Skype-Bludhavenbird

-Fandoms you belong to: DC, Disney, Dexter, various comics, cartoon, and TV shows... (Meaning I'm too lazy to list them all so if you're curious then feel free to ask)
-Favorite Hero: I feel like this one need not be answered...
-Favorite Storyline: Hush
-How long you've been into comics: 7 or so years? Different kinds of comics and the like, but.. comics nonetheless.
-How many Cons you've attended, if any: Around 6 or so.
-What cons you regularly attend, if any: SDCC
-Cosplay?: Love to!

Last edited by Nightwing on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JRPendragon

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Name: Jack
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
A Picture: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
How far into Transition you are, what steps you still want to take: Six months ago, I finally came out to my parents. (Spoilers: It didn't go too well.) Pre-T and maybe non-op; still trying to work myself out.
General whereabouts: the tiny island known as Britain.
Relationship status: Taken by a wonderful boyfriend but more than open to platonic cuddlepiles.
Ways to contact you: psstpendragon (tumblr)

Fandoms you belong to: Comics-wise, steadily working my way through Batman and Young Avengers. Open to other suggestions. Supernatural, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Criminal Minds and a few other TV shows (full list would be very long indeed). Also dabbling in Inception and Fire Emblem fandoms still.
Favorite Hero: Probably a tie between Tim Drake and Wiccan. I also have a massive soft spot for Speed, but I'm really not sure I'd describe him with the term 'hero'.
Favorite Storyline: I feel like I haven't read enough to answer this question yet aaahhhhh I enjoyed Children's Crusade a lot
How long you've been into comics: Unless we're counting webcomics, it's a matter of months. I always had a vague interest, but never knew where to start. I finally got friends awesome enough to help out, but I am still a massive newbie.
How many Cons you've attended, if any: I have...not kept count. Quite a few.
What cons you regularly attend, if any: London MCM Expo
Cosplay? Every day, if I could.
Back to top Go down
MrSandman

MrSandman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 1:12 am

Name: Wesley Dodds
-Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
-A Picture:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-How far into Transition you are, what steps you still want to take: Just an ally who enjoys discussing comics.
-General whereabouts: Dallas, TX
-Relationship status: single
-Ways to contact you: wesleydodds on tumblr

-Fandoms you belong to: DC comics, fedora clad crime fighters, Doctor Who, all the nerdy fandoms besides homestuck
-Favorite Hero: Golden Age Sandman
-Favorite Storyline: favorite comic is Sandman Mystery Theatre
-How long you've been into comics: hardcore for 3 years
-How many Cons you've attended, if any: around 7
-What cons you regularly attend, if any: Comicpalooza, Dallas Comic Con, Fandays, Scifi Expo
-Cosplay? So far: Sandman, Rorschach, Harvey Bullock, The Question, Jay Garrick The Flash, most everyone with a fedora.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesleydodds.tumblr.com
windiebird

windiebird

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:58 pm

-Name: Kellen (or windiebird, of course)
-Preferred Pronouns: I don't have a preference.
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
-How far into Transition you are, what steps you still want to take: I don't really identify as any gender so I'm more of an ally here.
-General whereabouts: Right in between Dallas and Fort Worth in Texas (United States).
-Relationship status: I'm married to a wonderful guy.
-Ways to contact you: Psychic missives calling your X-Men to you work wonderfully. Messages here are a-okay as well.

-Fandoms you belong to: Green Arrow, Arrowfam, Justice Society of America, Invincible, Sandman, Sandman Mystery Theatre, Buffyverse, X-Men, Sailor Moon, DCAU, Tom Strong, Promethea, and more than I can remember.
-Favorite Hero: Oliver Queen/Green Arrow I
-Favorite Storyline: Tough decisions! Toss up between Mike Grell's Longbow Hunters, Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run, Grant Morrison's New X-Men
-How long you've been into comics: Not too terribly long, maybe five years now?
-How many Cons you've attended, if any: I think maybe 6 or so?
-What cons you regularly attend, if any: Dallas Comicon, for sure. There's a new one in Arlington that's cropping up that's been fun as well this past year.
-Cosplay? I'm trying to work out a solid 70s Green Arrow costume but I'm not very skilled when it comes to costuming. I do plan on rocking a Tom Strong outfit for this coming Halloween.
Back to top Go down
art.nocturnus

art.nocturnus

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 5:42 pm

Name: Art
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
A Picture: I don't have any. Don't really like having my picture taken.
How far into Transition you are, what steps you still want to take: I'm an ally and I like talking comics.
General Whereabouts: CA
Relationship Status: In a relationship and living with my boyfriend for *headscratch* I wanna say 6 years or so.
Ways to Contact You: I don't really do im, but sending me a message on here is good. Or tumblr: artnocturne

Fandoms You Belong To: DC, Supernatural, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Dragon Age, Doctor Who, GLTAS, Misfits. There's probably more. I'm just lazy.
Favorite Hero: Stephanie Brown
Favorite Storyline: This changes all the time. Like pretty much after I finish reading anything I spend the rest of the day fangirling it and annoying my entire household - trying to get them to read it and ending up banned from everyone's room. Anyway, I really like Hush, Batwoman: Elegy, and Arkham Asylum.
How long you've been into comics: A few years. After The Dark Knight came out I started to rp on Nolanverse Batman rp sites for awhile. A lot of those forums kinda died, so I branched out to general DC rp. That eventually led me to comics.
How many Cons you've attended, if any: I haven't attended any, but I'd like to eventually.
Cosplay? I want to! Currently trying to figure out how to throw a Black Bat costume together in time for Halloween this year.
Back to top Go down
HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Name: Hayley
Preferred Pronouns: She/Hers/Her
A Picture:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
How far into Transition you are, what steps you still want to take: Just an ally that loves comics!
General whereabouts: Connecticut/New York
Relationship status: Single, asexual, but interested in the idea of a relationship.
Ways to contact you: Send me a message on here if you're interested, and I'll send you my Skype!

Fandoms you belong to: DC, Marvel, Supernatural, Dexter, True Blood, Game Of Thrones, Psych, Avatar&The Legend Of Korra, Adventure Time, various animes, Dragon Age, Skyrim, Devil May Cry, and many more!
Favorite Hero: Batman, although I prefer villains!
Favorite Storyline: I don't think I have just one favorite. Some favorites are: Gotham City Sirens, Hush, Under The Red Hood, Mad Love, Harley Quinn: Prelude&Knock Knock Jokes, and Harley Quinn's solo run on comics.
How long you've been into comics: I started reading at a very young age, since my mom owned my uncle's comics and my brother would read them to me on occasion. The first comics I really remember reading was A Death In The Family. I stopped consistently reading comics at around 10, then got back into them about two or three years ago.
How many Cons you've attended, if any: I've attended five different conventions.
What cons you regularly attend, if any: New York Comic Con and Anime Boston are my regulars, while sometimes also attending Connecticon.
Cosplay?: I love to cosplay! I'm currently saving money to finally buy a custom Harley suit made by Holly Messinger, and I'm planning on making a kid Loki costume in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dual Lives :: Welcome :: Introductions-
Jump to: